Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments, itty bittys® and gifts among items planned at seven events
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (March 30, 2017) — PopMinded by Hallmark plans its highest-ever level of yearly participation at the nation’s largest pop culture fan gatherings with limited quantities of products and collectibles developed exclusively for events starting next month.
PopMinded, which debuted nationally last year, is Hallmark’s new way to celebrate fandom with gifts and collectibles created and chosen with all fans in mind. PopMinded continues and expands on Hallmark’s decade-long tradition of providing event attendees access to Hallmark’s ever popular event exclusive products through its event pop-up store.
The following Star Wars items will be sold in limited quantities at Comic-Con International, to be held July 20-23 in San Diego, CA:
- T-70 X-Wing Fighter™, a Keepsake Ornament of Poe Dameron’s starfighter as depicted in the beginning of Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens. This repaint of a 2016 Keepsake Ornament includes sound between Poe & BB-8 before the starfighter was destroyed on Jakku and has a total production run of 3,275 and sales will be limited to 275 per day.
- A Walrus Man™ itty bittys plush adds to the Mos Eisley Cantina crowd with a the throw-back again to the original action figures and packaging. This has a total production run of 4,000 and sales will be limited to 300 per day.
- The Imperial R2-Q5™ droid becomes part of the astromech droid-themed perpetual calendar and features an additional set of date cubes in aurebesh, the famed language used throughout the Star Warsgalaxy. The calendar has a total production run of 1,600, and 170 of them will be offered for sale each day.
Also in July, Hallmark Gold Crown Stores will host a PopMinded display and event complete with exclusives and a sweepstakes for a chance to win a trip to New York Comic Con this October. Fans can visit participating Hallmark Gold Crown stores from July-August:
- Imperial Stormtrooper™ Keepsake Ornament blind box offers three different repainted versions of the Stormtrooper helmet from the 2016 Keepsake Ornament line, offered in metallic black, red or silver. Includes sound from Star Wars: A New Hope.
- Greedo™ itty bittys plush is the final addition to the Mos Eisley Cantina crew, dawning the throw-back to the original action figures and packaging. A limited number of these will also be made available at Comic-Con International in San Diego, New York Comic Con and Hallmark.com
- Greedo™ itty bittys Christmas ornament is based on the movie-version of one of the most famous bounty hunters in the galaxy. A limited number of these will also be made available on Hallmark.com.
- R2-BHD™ The silver-clad droid that helped the Resistance in Star Wars: Rogue One is a variant version of the astromech droid-themed perpetual calendar from the Star Wars line of gifts. A limited number of these will also be made available on Hallmark.com.